June 20th - October 02nd 2022
"World heritage natural and cultural region": The 2,995 m high Dachstein has been able to adorn itself with this award since 1997. Enjoyment & nature are the focus of this tour on the southern part of the Dachstein mountains. In the small mountain village of Filzmoos, in the heart of Salzburger Land, culinary delights are very important. Not only the award-winning chef Johanna Maier is famous for her alpine gourmet cuisine. Numerous other gourmet addresses invite you to feast. A culinary highlight awaits you in the form of gourmet half-board at the Hotel Dachstein. Here the chef cooks for you personally.
Requirements and general information
During the tour around the Dachstein you are in alpine and high alpine terrain. Appropriate mountain equipment and stamina are therefore required. The necessary equipment includes: hiking boots, functional clothing, backpack, water and food, rain and sun protection, warm clothing - even in midsummer, temperature drops are possible, hat, warm gloves, first aid kit, mobile phone, possibly hiking poles, etc. Your route is immortalized by your entry in every hut book in the Dachstein mountains. The paths are well signposted. Maps and the Dachstein hiking book must be carried with you. Accompaniment by an experienced hiking guide on request.
- 3 x Overnight stay with alpine breakfast (1 x ****hotel, 2 x in huts – communal bunks, sleeping bags mandatory)
- 3 x half board (delight half board in Filzmoos, dinner menu or hikers meal in huts)
- 1 x welcome video with explanations and information that you need for the tour
- 1 x hiking map and Dachstein guide-book (1 x per room) and detailed route description
- Daily service hotline from 08.00 – 18.00 (also on weekends)
DAY 1: Individal arrival at Filzmoos
Handing over of the travel docuoments. Overnight stay at the 4* Hotel Dachstein Filzmoos incl. delight half board with a 6 course dinner with vitamin rich salad and raw food buffet.
DAY 2: To get started, hike from your accommodation in Filzmoos over the Marcheggsattel into the high forest to the Wiesenhöhe. With a magnificent view of the Aualm, the Hofalmen, the Almsee and the Bischofsmütze, we continue to the Hofpürglhütte.
Overnight stay at the Hofpürglhütte.
approx. 7 km, 3,5 hrs, altitude difference á 730 m / â 110 m
DAY 3: Starting from the Hofpürglhütte, the route today is always between the tree line and the rugged limestone landscape. On this high-altitude trail you hike around the valley above Filzmoos and, after you have hiked past below the Dachsteinsüdwand Cave, you reach the Dachstein Südwandhütte.
Overnight stay at the Dachstein Südwandhütte
approx. 11 km, 5-6 hrs, altitude difference á 762 m / â 586 m
DAY 4: Today you hike from the Dachstein Südwandhütte via the Bachlalm, which is known for its marmots, back to Filzmoos.
Individual departure or additional nights.
approx. 11 km, 4-5 hrs., altitude difference á 240 m / â 1050 m
Rates per person and arrangement in €:
|20.06. – 02.10.22|
****hotel in double room (communal bunks in hut)
Supplement 1 x single room (communal bunks in huts)
Day of arrival
Local tax is extra to pay on spot in each accommodation (from € 1,-- to € 3,-- per person/per night)
Notes on staying at an Alpine lodge:
- You must bring your own sleeping bag and pillow case - a hut sleeping bag does not provide sufficient warmth. Blankets and pillowcases are NOT available in the cabins due to Covid19;
- Bring your own mouth/nose mask
- Due to their location, not all huts can offer running water, hot water or showers. In some cases there is also no flushing system in the toilets.
- On most huts, card payment is not possible. Take enough cash with you for food and drinks.
- Dogs on request; not allowed in the sleeping areas. Attended stay in the winter room possible, partly dog kennels available, extra costs to be paid on spot. In Austria there is a general linen and muzzle requirement!
We recommend travel cancellation insurance.
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.
Due to environmental reasons we recommend to arrive and depart by public transportation.
Exclusive dishes with a touch of down-to-earthness and a special kind of delight experience – that’s how one can describe the culinaric experience at the 4* Hotel Dachstein in Filzmoos. Wolfgang Knechtl is chef de cuisine with great passion. He has many years of experience in Austria's top hotel industry - and you can taste it in his refined cuisine. His dishes have been awarded by the Michelin Hotel Guide.