- 5 x overnight stay with breakfast buffet in hotel and alpine breakfast at huts (2 x ***hotels, 3 x in huts – double rooms or communal bunks, sleeping bags mandatory, running water available, toilets partly biological)
- 1 x cable car descent (2 sections) with the Schlossalmbahn to Bad Hofgastein
- 1 x free entrance in public solar-swimming pool in Dorfgastein
- 1x Busticket from Bad Hofgastein to Dorfgastein
- 1 x Hiking map + guide-book (1 x per room)
- 1 x Parking for 5 days at the starting point
- Daily service hotline from 09.00 – 19.00 (also on weekends)
- Drinks and personal spending money
- Meals not indicated above
1. day: Individual arrival in Dorfgastein.
Handing over of your travel documents at your accommodation.
Overnight stay in Dorfgastein.
2. day: Ascent to Kögerlalm, first alpine cabin on your itinerary
~ 5,5 km, 2-3 hrs, difference in altitude á 643 m / â 128 m
The Kögerlalm has an award-winning cuisine. Products come from the family’s organic farm.
No rest stops on the way, take enough drink and provisions for the walk with you.
Overnight stay at the Kögerlalm.
3. day: Alpine hike to Heinreichalm or continue to Präau Hochalm
~ 8,5 km, 6 hrs, difference in altitude á 1 174 m / â 855 m
Like most stops on the way the Heinrichalm uses products from their own farm.
The location of the hut is ideal to observe animals like deer on the facing hillsides.
Overnight stay at the Heinreichalm or Präau Hochalm (+ approx. 2 km or 45 min)
4. day: Alpine hike to Biberalm – with one of the best vistas of the Gasteinertal valley.
Rest stop along the way at Präau Hochalm highly recommended.
~ 10 km, 5 hrs, difference in altitude á 802 m / â 756 m
Overnight stay at the Biberalm
5.day: Watch out for chamois and eagles along the way to Schlossalm. You will come across many alpine cabins offering refreshments as you close in on one of Gastein’s main skiing mountains, the Stubnerkogel., The Schlossalm at 1300 m sea level invites you to take a rest before your descent with the modern cable car Schlossalm (2 sections). The Schlossalm offers various round hiking tours, mystic rock creatures and sunbeds to enjoy the views into the valley of Gastein.
Once arrived in the valley Bad Hofgastein you take the bus to Dorfgastein to your start hotel.
~ 8,5 km, 5 hrs, difference in altitude á 787 m / â 558 m
Overnight stay at the first hotel in Dorfgastein.
6. day: Individual departure or additional nights
Rates for the arrangement per person in €:
01.07.20 – 15.09.21
***hotel/inn in double room (communal bunks in hut)
Supplement halfboard (3 course dinner at the inn, hearty mountain breakfast and dinner at the huts)
Supplement single room (1. and 5. night at hotel )
Day of arrival
Local tax is extra to pay on spot in each accommodation (from € 1,-- to € 3,-- per person/per night)
Notes on staying at an Alpine lodge:
- You must bring your own sleeping bag and pillow case - a hut sleeping bag does not provide sufficient warmth. Blankets and pillowcases are NOT available in the cabins due to Covid19;
- Bring your own mouth/nose mask
- On most huts, card payment is not possible. Take enough cash with you for food and drinks.
- Dogs on request; not allowed in the sleeping areas. Attended stay in the winter room possible, partly dog kennels available, extra costs to be paid on spot. In Austria there is a general linen and muzzle requirement!
Information for arrivals by car:
Free parking at your accommodation is available for the duration of the whole itinerary.
We recommend travel cancellation insurance.
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.
Due to environmental reasons we recommend to arrive and depart by public transportation.